Recommended Books on Prayer & Fasting
- Yancey, Phillip. (2016) “Prayer: Does it Make Any Difference”
- Keller, Tim. (2014) “Prayer” and “The Songs of Jesus” and “Experiencing Awe & Intimacy with God“
- Murray, Andrew. (1981) “With Christ in the School of Prayer”
- “The 1928 Book of Common Prayer”
- Reinders, Phil. (2010) “Seeking God’s Face”
- Piper, John. (2013 ) “A Hunger for God”
- Foster, Richard (1998) “Celebration of Discipline”
Prayers from Scripture
John Stott’s Morning Trinitarian Prayer
Good morning heavenly Father, good morning Lord Jesus, good morning Holy Spirit.
Heavenly Father, I worship you as the creator and sustainer of the universe.
Lord Jesus, I worship you, Savior and Lord of the world.
Holy Spirit, I worship you, sanctifier of the people of God.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
Heavenly Father, I pray that I may live this day in your presence and please you more and more.
Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.
Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Holy, blessed and glorious Trinity, three persons in one God, have mercy upon me. Amen.