What are the Teach Truth, Lead Others, and Manage Well pillars?
These are the three pillars where God’s gifting plays an outsized role. They are each critical to the vitality of the church, enabling it to a life of Glorifying God Alone. While only a few are gifted with these talents, all must have a working understanding of their place in the church.
Develop an understanding of Biblical instruction about Truth and the role of Teaching it in the church.
Develop an understanding of Biblical instruction on the role of Leadership in the church.
Develop an understanding of Biblical instruction on how the church must Manage well.
Understand what the Bible teaches about Truth and the role of teaching in the church.
- Meet once during the first month: in the first week.
- Study Scripture: Acts 2: 42-47, 2 Tim 4:1-5, 1 Cor 12:27-31, Eph 4:11-16, 2 Tim 3:16, Rom 15:4, Jam 3:1, 2 Pet 2:1
- Discuss Truth as the Person, Words, and Works of Jesus Christ…John 14:6; discuss absolute vs relative Truth.
- Discuss pedagogical approaches to teaching (modalities, graphics, Thayer method, repetition, hook, application).
- Discuss expository teaching, hermeneutics, and homiletics.
- Practice teaching the Gospel Message from John 3:16 & the Wide & Narrow Path graphic – assess teaching talent.
- Conduct an independent study on Truth and Teaching using https://www.gotquestions.org/
Glorify God by appreciating how teaching, leading, and managing well helps Christ-followers employ pillars in their every-day ordinary lives, serving in these capacities, or praying for those who do.