What is the Grateful Hearts pillar?
It is the Pillar that expresses gratitude, mercy, charity, and generosity in response to the overflow of what God has done for His adopted children. These are gifts from God that we use to convey gratitude along the path to holiness in ways that Glorify God Alone by:
Developing an understanding of Biblical instruction on gratitude, mercy, charity, and generosity.
Engaging in deliberately planned and spontaneous expressions of grateful hearts.
Expressing a grateful heart in every aspect of our Every-Day Ordinary Lives.
Understand what the Bible teaches about gratitude, mercy, charity, and generosity.
- Meet twice during the first month: in the second and fourth week.
- Conduct a self-study during week 1: Hb 12:28, Ps 7:17, 9:1, Eph 5:18-20, Phil 4:6-7, 1 Thes 5: 16-18
- Develop a list of 10 Psalms that express gratitude to God in prayer; share this list with your pillar.
- Watch the sermon on giving at FMC; discuss it as a pillar.
- Discuss concrete ways that you can extend mercy (not getting what you deserve) to those around you.
- Discuss how your feelings about gratitude change when you are in one of life’s valleys.
- Develop a list of specific ways Four Mile can be more generous to the Tri-State Region and Beyond.
- Conduct a study on gratitude, mercy, charity, giving, tithing, and generosity using https://www.gotquestions.org/
Glorify God by devoting ourselves to a life of gratitude, mercy, charity, and generosity in our every-day ordinary life.