What is the Promote Fellowship in Christ pillar?
It is the Pillar that focuses on relationships and unity in Christ. God calls us to biblical fellowship in Christ with other saints along the path to holiness so that together we may Glorify God Alone by:
Developing an understanding of Biblical instruction on fellowship in Christ.
Engaging in deliberately planned and spontaneous opportunities for biblical fellowship in Christ.
Actively participating in biblical fellowship in every aspect of our Every-Day Ordinary Lives.
Understand what the Bible teaches about biblical fellowship.
- Meet twice during the first month: in the second and fourth week
- Conduct a self-study during week 1: Acts 2:42-47, 1 Cor 1:9, 1 Jn 1:1-3, Hb 10:25, Mt 18:20, Jn 17: 21-23, 1 Pt 3:8
- Identify 2-3 people in your sphere of influence with whom you can engage in biblical fellowship
- Identify areas where you have benefited from biblical fellowship and discuss with the pillar participants
- Practice engaging with others in the pillar where the focus is on Jesus
- Discuss how Jesus must be at the center of all relationships and the focal point of all fellowship
- Read one chapter/week of Jerry Bridge’s book entitled, True Community, to be discussed at bi-weekly mtgs
- Do a study on fellowship/koinonia using https://www.gotquestions.org/