What is the Serve Others pillar?
It is the Pillar that helps us look beyond ourselves to God and to those He has placed in our lives. Serving is a gift that we use in obedience to help meet the needs of others in ways that Glorify God Alone by:
Developing an understanding of Biblical instruction on serving.
Engaging in deliberately planned and spontaneous serving opportunities.
Serving God and others in every aspect of our Every-Day Ordinary Lives.
Understand what the Bible teaches about serving God and others.
- Meet twice during the first month: in the first and fourth week.
- Study the following Scripture: Rm 12:3-8, Mk 10:45, Jn 12:26, Mt 23:11, 1 Pet 4:10-11, 1 Sam 12:24, Heb 6:10
- Develop a list of 12 people in your life that you are in a position to serve.
- Identify areas within Four Mile that you can serve as part of a team where relationship building is the focus.
- Identify specific service opportunities in your neighborhood, workplace, and family.
- Write out a paragraph on what motivates you to serve and what the objective of serving is for you.
- Discuss how sharing the Gospel message can become part of all acts of service.
- Conduct a study on Serving using https://www.gotquestions.org/
Glorify God by devoting ourselves to a life of serving God and others in our every-day ordinary life.