Pillar 12. Manage Well
a. FMC is committed to taking our next steps towards Christ together in planning, administration, and organization
b. FMC ensures that all business is wired tight; it has integrity, is transparent, is auditable, is effective, and is efficient
c. FMC plans the work and then works the plan; all FMC events are first-class and well-run
d. FMC must operate on a strategic timespan of discretion that allows for strategic ministry to unfold
e. FMC protects against time inconsistency, good idea fairies, & the tyranny of uninformed & reactionary responses
f. FMC establishes firewalls between the long run (5 + years), medium run (1-5 years), and short run (1 year)
g. FMC innovations and ministry efforts must be incorporated within this operating framework to receive resources
h. FMC’s physical plant is organized & designed with a purpose; FMC minimizes waste & engages in creative destruction
3. “Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body [is] joined and knit together.” (Eph. 4:15, 16.) The Christian Church is the congregation of the brethren in which Jesus Christ acts presently as the Lord in Word and Sacrament through the Holy Spirit. As the Church of pardoned sinners, it has to testify in the midst of a sinful world, with its faith as with its obedience, with its message as with its order, that it is solely his property, and that it lives and wants to live solely from his comfort and from his direction in the expectation of his appearance. We reject the false doctrine, as though the church were permitted to abandon the form of its message and order to its own pleasure or to changes in prevailing ideological and political convictions.
Venues to Implement this Pillar
1. Provide management and organization to FMC expressions
2. Assist the Deacons by running a future FMC event
3. Volunteer at the Center to assist with management and organization
4. Volunteer at the church to assist Marcy and Rick with the management and oversight of specific initiatives and events such as kids programs, decorating the church during holidays, and specific infrastructure improvement projects.
Platforms & Exercises to Develop this Pillar
Using an excel spreadsheet, develop a task list for the church spring cleanup day
Develop a business plan for an expression that desires to teach woodworking to novices while building spiritual muscle.
Develop a business plan for high school student outreach as part of our Young Life partnership.
Conduct a functional analysis for a new pavilion.
Create a concept plan for outdoor worship services on Saturday Nights in the Summer.
Establish Long Run, Medium Run, and Short Run tasks for FMC to reach the Tri-State Region and beyond, making fully devoted followers of Jesus.